Whether your driveway is brand new or aged, it needs to be sealed at least every other year, and there are a number of reasons why.
- Without keeping your driveway sealed, water penetrates and during winter the water will freeze, expand, and damage the asphalt
- Keeping the driveway sealed reduces the amount of cracks that can form
- Maintaining your driveway protects your investment
- Routine maintenance of your driveway can more than double the life of your asphalt
- There is a wide range of quality sealants on the market today, but don’t be fooled by ‘budget sealants’
- SealMaster brand coal tar industrial grade pavement sealer will slow the damaging oxidation from the sun, prevent water penetration and improve appearance
- Arrow Sealcoating uses the perfect mix of the best additives
Top 10 Reasons to get your driveway sealed by Arrow Sealcoating this summer:
1. You won’t ruin clothes and boots when you try to do it yourself
2. Snow will melt twice as fast on a fresh, black driveway, so less ice in winter
3. Keeps harmful elements away from asphalt, i.e., oil, gas, salt & UV rays
4. Seals asphalt’s natural oils in for extended life
5. Hot tar crack filler repels moisture and slows further cracking
6. It is cheaper than buying a new driveway!
7. Your driveway and property will have an attractive new appearance
8. Arrow uses industrial strength products and equipment
9. We are a reliable, affordable and locally owned family business
10. Hire us today and it will free you up to do things you enjoy!
Arrow Sealcoating performs the following services:
- Driveway cleaning and preparation
- Brush applied asphalt sealcoating
- Hot tar crack filling
- Line striping
- Small asphalt patching and repair
Preparation of Driveway
- Services provided by Arrow Sealcoating are of the highest quality
- The edges of the driveway are cleaned using a weedwacker and a power broom
- High-pressure blowers and scrapers are used to clean the driveway of any debris
- Oil spots can be cleaned and sealed with oil-spot primer to ensure the sealer adheres to the asphalt to give a more even appearance
- Cracks are cleaned using a weedwacker, wire brush, high-pressure blowers and a hot lance. The hot lance produces 2800 degrees of HOT air at 90 psi air pressure to deeply clean out cracks for better adhesion
- A hot tar application fills cracks that are over 1/8 of an inch wide to ensure a moisture barrier that will slow future cracking
- The sealer is applied using a sealcoating broom
- Brush applied sealer leaves a thicker coat than a squeegee
- You won’t see ANY splashes on the grass, concrete or siding after Arrow Sealcoating seals your driveway
- A string is tied across the end of the driveway to prevent cars from driving on the fresh sealer
- We are equipped to do commercial size jobs
Guarantee: All our asphalt maintenance and repair work is covered by our 12-month satisfaction guarantee. If there is any part of our work that is determined to be defective at any point up to 12 months from the work being done, we will return and repair the defective work at no charge. Our guarantee covers our work, but not normal wear and tear, weather or equipment related damage.
Cleaning concrete periodically will extend its service life and enhance its beauty. Determining when concrete is in need of cleaning may be difficult because the dirt and grime can build up so slowly. However, once the process is done, the result of freshly cleaned concrete is very noticeable.
Why Maintain Concrete?
- In most cases, concrete is a durable, long lasting product without maintenance. So it often raises eyebrows when the subject of maintaining concrete is brought up.
- Properly maintained concrete can greatly extend its life and beauty.
- Driveways, sidewalks, and patios can look clean and bright, instead of oil stained and grimy.
- Decorative concrete can look new instead of faded, oil stained, and dirty.
- Proper maintenance protects your investment in concrete, particularly if you've taken the initiative and incurred the expense of pouring decorative concrete.
Concrete with oil and grease stains
- Removal of oil from parking lots, drive-thru areas, and other concrete pavements is the most common reason for power-washing.
- We use a power washer that produces hot water up to 230 degrees.
- We add an alkaline degreaser that greatly increases the removal rate of oil and grease.
- Hot water lifts the oil from the concrete and the degreaser emulsifies the oil.
- This process allows the stains to be flushed from the surface.
- Most jobs require a little degreaser to remove dirt that can be somewhat oily.
- The most important factor is how long the oil has been on the concrete. Sometimes a shadow of the oil stain remains visible.
- Long term oil stains are almost impossible to remove completely. Another question is, what type of oil is it? And finally, how porous is the concrete?
- Granules left on concrete from fertilizing the yard, or leaking from a potted plant, can be one of the hardest rust stains out there.
- Most of the time these rust stains cannot be completely removed but can be lightened to a faint shadow.
- We use a Hotsy brand power washer with a pressure rating up to 3500 psi and a flow rate of 3.8 gallons per minute.
- To improve cleaning speed on large flatwork areas, we use a power surface scrubber that resembles a lawn mower. Inside its metal housing are spinning nozzles.
- Surface scrubbers produce an evenly cleaned pattern.
- Concrete sealers make concrete more resistant to weather exposure, water, grease and oil stains, abrasion and de-icing salts.
- They help to bring out the natural beauty of your concrete and make it easier to clean.
- The two most common methods of applying sealer to concrete surfaces are by roller or sprayer.
- The typical coverage rate is 250 to 300 square feet per gallon, depending on the porosity of the concrete.
- The most important rule to remember is that less is more. It's best to apply two thin coats, making sure the sealer doesn't puddle or form uneven, thick areas.
- Its longevity depends on weather, traffic and de-icing salt.
- Allow new concrete to cure completely (at least 28 days or as recommended).
- Air temperatures are also important and should typically be above 50°F during and after sealer application (for at least 24 hours).
- Always allow the sealer to dry completely before exposing it to foot or vehicle traffic.
- Sealers help to protect against spalling, dusting, efflorescence, freeze-thaw damage, stains, de-icing salts, and abrasion.
- A sealer will also enhance the color of the aggregate, accentuating its depth and richness.
Hot Rubber Crack Sealing
Cracks are a normal part of asphalt. They can grow and eventually destroy the driveway, but getting them filled with hot tar can seal them up and slow the cracking process.
- Arrow’s premium rubberized crack sealer is heated to a liquid at 400 degrees and poured into structural cracks. The hot rubber is scraped level and allowed to cool. This seals the crack and protects it from water penetration and freeze/thaw damage. The specialized rubber remains pliable in harsh winter temperatures. This process slows the natural aging process of asphalt. There are no viable do-it-yourself options for high-quality crack filler.
- The “joint” or “expansion gap” is the gap between the asphalt and adjacent concrete and it is very susceptible to water damage.
- A Heat Lance uses hot air (2800 degrees) to dry moisture in seconds and blows out air at 90 psi, cleaning out cracks while etching the walls and surface of cracks. This allows for maximum adhesion and 3 to 4 times more hot sealant in cracks. The sealant also goes deeper into the cracks. Below is an image that illustrates this process.
For Commercial Facilities, Condos, Churches, Funeral Homes, Offices, Shopping Centers, Schools, Restaurants, Retailers, Apartments, and Supermarkets.
The parking lot striping also helps in improving the flow of traffic in the parking lot. The parking lot striping attracts and helps customers of an establishment, making the grounds look professional and clean.
- Your parking lot is one of the first things a customer or client sees when they come to your establishment or business. We can help make sure it looks professional.
- If you need to have your handicapped spaces painted or touched up, we can help ensure that the signs and lines are clear for everyone to distinguish.
- We apply pavement stencils for warehouses, garages, and outdoor spaces to help control traffic and pedestrians.
- Has the paint on your curbs started to wear down? Our team can help to touch up the paint and ensure that it is the appropriate color.
Aquaphalt Pot Hole and Crack Repair
Revolutionary permanent asphalt and concrete repair material for pot hole repair, pavement repair, utility cuts, walkways, tennis courts and driveway repair — it works even in wet and cold conditions
What is it?
- Used successfully in Europe for years, Aquaphalt is the first pre-mixed, permanent repair material that is enduring, high-performing and 100% environmentally friendly.
- Aquaphalt’s proprietary “green” binder reacts and hardens solely with water—unlike other asphalt patching products available on the market today containing toxic petroleum-based solvents with volatile organic compounds.
- And Aquaphalt can be laid directly from its container, so no repeat repairs or overhead costs are required.
- While other cold patch products claim durability and immediate set-up, if you’ve ever stepped in a utility cut while crossing the street that resembled a rocky sludge, you know the other products remain pliable far beyond application.
- On top of that, those fillers must eventually be replaced by permanent pavement materials.
- Only Aquaphalt sets-up fast and permanently for superior results.
- From potholes to manholes and utility cuts to driveways and tennis courts, in the world of asphalt and concrete, we’ve learned that stable base materials plus enduring binders equal unlimited potential for all of our customers.
How Long Does Aquaphalt™ Take To Set Up?
In normal conditions, Aquaphalt’s proprietary binder reacts with water within 15 minutes and roadway repairs can be opened to normal traffic upon completion of work. In fact, road traffic actually helps with final compaction of the product. Within 24 hours, the repair is completely set up and permanent.
How Long Does Aquaphalt™ Last?
Aquaphalt™ is the real permanent repair. The repair will be stronger than the surrounding material and typically outlasts the surrounding material. Existing repairs in Europe are in excess of 10 years old and still in excellent condition. The VDOT Field Trial patch, installed in January of 2008 in Sandstone, VA is still in excellent shape today.
How Is Aquaphalt™ “Environmentally Friendly?”
Unlike other asphalt repair products containing toxic solvents, Aquaphalt has a proprietary, plant-based binder which is completely safe for the environment and contains absolutely no VOCs. Aquaphalt is a virtual food grade product...but we advise against eating it!
What Is In Aquaphalt™?
Aquaphalt is comprised of traditional aggregate (stone) and a proprietary, plant-based binder and vegetable oil. When the binder reacts with plain water during application, it sets up to form a permanent repair.